Human subjects research falls under the purview of the Madison VA Hospital and requires review and approval by the Madison VA Research & Development Committee (VA R&D) before the research can begin if any of the following conditions apply to the study:
- There are key personnel engaged in human subjects research for this project or study under their Madison VA (Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital) appointment.
- The study or project enrolls, uses specimens obtained from, or involves the use of medical records of Madison VA (Wm. S. Middleton VA Hospital) patients.
- The project or study is supported by VA funds.
VA Consent Form and HIPAA Authorization Form Template Documents
Consent Form and HIPAA Authorization Form templates along with other guidance, flowchart, and a quick reference for VA researchers can be found on IRBNet.
Contact Information for Madison VA Hospital
- Research and Development Committee: 608-280-7007, VHAMADRDCOORDINATOR@va.gov
- Research Service: 608-280-7007, VHAMADRDCOORDINATOR@va.gov
- Research Compliance Officer: 608-256-1901, extension 17805
- HIPAA Privacy Officer: 608-256-1901, extension 11699
- Information Security Officer: 608-256-1901, extension 17282