Whether you’re looking for assistance on a specific project or application and would like to meet with someone from our office, or you have a group that would benefit from a presentation on an IRB-related topic, we’re here to help. Read more below about these opportunities and how to request a consultation or a group presentation.
If at any point you need more immediate assistance, or you have general questions that don’t require an in-depth discussion, please call our main line (608-263-2362) and ask to speak with the staff reviewer on call, or email your questions to email@example.com.
Consultations provide an opportunity for researchers to meet in-person or via phone with an experienced IRB staff reviewer. The purpose is to provide education and guidance to research teams prior to submission of IRB applications, or before making major changes to IRB-approved studies. Consultations are available upon request for any type of study, but we especially recommend them for:
- Researchers new to the IRB review process that would like additional guidance before submitting their first IRB application.
- Study teams planning multi-site or complex projects.
- Study teams considering making major changes to IRB-approved studies.
Submit a consultation request by clicking the button below, and we’ll be in touch soon.
The IRB offers hour-long presentations on a variety of topics related to human subjects research. These presentations are designed to provide information on topics of interest to Principal Investigators, Study Coordinators, research team members, and members of the University of Wisconsin-Madison research community. Examples of topics include:
- Introduction to the IRBs for New Researchers
- Enrolling Vulnerable Populations in Research
- Recruitment & Informed Consent
- An Introduction to Multi-site Research (Reliance)
- Submitting Changes of Protocol
- Exemptions & Not Human Subjects Research
We encourage you to visit our Training & Education page to view upcoming educational opportunities, including the IRB for Beginners workshop that we offer several times each year.
Submit a presentation request by clicking the button below—We’ll review your request and be in touch soon.